Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Month 1!

Hello bloggers! (or should I say, "future bloggers")

I've decided to start this blog so that I can chart my locking process. I've been inspired by so many loc'd ladies, so I figured that I'd share my joys, frustrations, and frizzies... with other people. I want to enjoy this journey! I'm looking forward to receiving valuable information, because I really am a noob when it comes to the whole world of locking. If you have ANY advice to give to me, please feel free! This is my second go-round with locs, but I plan on it being the last! But in any case....

Month 1: I want my hair to grow already! Maybe I'm just suffering from postpartum depression because I had so much more hair until I got a "trim" from the scissor witch. I took out my loc extensions, wore my own locs for a while, but then decided that I wanted to start over to make my locs more uniform. BIG MISTAKE. After I combed my own locs out, I decided to wear a fro for a few weeks before I locked again. I went to a very well-known salon in Grand Rapids, and this lady chopped my hair something terrible! I spent the next few months alternating between kinky twists, weaves, and my fro until I was able to get some length back. Sadly, all that manipulation wasn't good on my fragile hair, so I wasn't able to retain much length. So here I am, after all of the experimentation I've done with my hair. I'm leaving it ALONE....well, of course not completely :-D. I know that I'll have to maintain my hair in order to insure beautiful healthy locs. In the meanwhile, I feel sort of ....naked. I can't really style them that much and they don't hang all sadiddy down my neck (lol). With my loc extensions, I had them tri-colored and they were cut into a bob (fierce!!). Now I am back to the basics and trying to hold out until I get to the promised land. Can't wait to get my milk and honey!


Side View
Top/Front View


Back view (looks kinda gross if you ask me)

1 comment:

Cheri Gabrielle said...

They don't look bad at all. I love the color, too! This is just the beginning, hunny. Like you said, just let it be and let it grow. Looking forward to following your journey.

xoxo,
- Cheri

www.naturallentwined.com